Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all,

I'm andrea from Italy and I would like to know if there are some mining or related companies that provide an apprenticeship training for graduates who has a BSc in Geology.
- what are the opportunities of getting a job with a BSc in geology?

- There is a list of companies where asking?

many thanks

Andrea

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Andrea:

You should contact the mining companies directly, but I believe these apprenticeships (if they exist) would be for AU graduates and not to any graduate in the world.

The big companies are:
BHP Billiton, Newcrest, Rio Tinto, Alcoa, Chalco, Shenhua (a Chinese mining company), Alcan and Xstrata

hi to all,

I'm andrea from Italy and I would like to know if there are some mining or related companies that provide an apprenticeship training for graduates who has a BSc in Geology.
- what are the opportunities of getting a job with a BSc in geology?

- There is a list of companies where asking?

many thanks

Andrea

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andrea:

You should contact the mining companies directly, but I believe these apprenticeships (if they exist) would be for AU graduates and not to any graduate in the world.

The big companies are:
BHP Billiton, Newcrest, Rio Tinto, Alcoa, Chalco, Shenhua (a Chinese mining company), Alcan and Xstrata
ok, many thanks and of the Curtin University , do you know it? Can you tell me something about it like quality of teaching and so on?

thanks

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I've heard of it, that's all. Didn't go to Uni here so can't tell you anything about whether it's good or bad. In general I find they're all pretty even and good.

ok, many thanks and of the Curtin University , do you know it? Can you tell me something about it like quality of teaching and so on?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts