Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,
My wife is a US citizen and i am a UK citizen. We are looking to return to the States next year and have been looking into the required visas. I have spent a lot of time on the internet to research and try find information but it has got confusing. So i thought i would ask here in the hope someone can help.
We have been together for 2 years and married in Mississippi in April 2015 so approx three months back. She has visited me in the UK when i lived there and we have photos and family / colleagues that are willing to write letters if needed to prove that we are genuine. I moved to Abu Dhabi in February for a year contract and once we got married my wife joined me here, due to changing sponsors she is here on a tourist visa we renew until she can get residence off my visa.
Looking at the length of time for either the IR-1 or K3 visas we were looking to apply now so we can move next year, this is where it gets confusing for me...
The websites i found said she needs to prove that she can support me, i am working and she isn't but she does have a trust that pays here each month, would this be enough? or will she need to go back and find a job?
If you apply from abroad she needs to show she is a legal resident of the country of application, so i guess we need to wait until she has her residence here?
I will be looking to us a VISA service company to do the application, to avoid unnecessary delays and their expertise to get the application correct.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The official sites are uscis.gov and travel.state.gov which feeds into it. The rest out there are commercial sites with no claim to fame.

Have you read up on the limitations of K3? Please do so!!!

Affidavit of Support is a daily topic here. Search function is your friend. Income requirements are basically US poverty line based in number of household members on annual tax return including sponsored party or assets times five of that.

There is no such thing as a visa service company. If you feel more comfortable going through an immigration lawyer please do your own homework as well. Most of them are somewhat clueless.

IPad is not cooperating so Google "uscis k3" "uscis green card".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts