Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i would like to know how are things in the uae specifically dubai and abu dhabi. has the markets, economy and employment picked up? i believe the situation is not as bad as it was but would like to know is there light at the end of the tunnel, is the reccesion really over?

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
i think it depends on the business you are in
i know many companies, which didn't recover and keep on draining
i know otherw, that started to employ actively

Abu Dhabi is definitely stronger than Dubai at the moment

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
hi i would like to know how are things in the uae specifically dubai and abu dhabi. has the markets, economy and employment picked up? i believe the situation is not as bad as it was but would like to know is there light at the end of the tunnel, is the reccesion really over?
The recession isn't over anywhere. Some sectors were worse hit than others. You will find that many companies are doing perfectly well and others are still making staff redundant, as it varies depending on what business/industry they are in.

As Ella says above, Abu Dhabi is more buoyant than Dubai right now.

-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i graduated from college 2 yrs ago i obtained a degree in business. do you think it would be wise seeing that things arent hundred percent for me to come to dubai and seek employment? i read that abu dhabi is better off than dubai but i know that dubai is more developed and advanced than abu dhabi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Depends on your field, but just out of college? Perhaps not so wise. I think it's tough to find a job anywhere when you are green behind the ears, no?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what i have heard was they prefer younger graduates with 2-3 yrs experience over older potential employees is this true? my field would be marketing, finance,administration & management those were my majors and i have experience in marketing & administration.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
what i have heard was they prefer younger graduates with 2-3 yrs experience over older potential employees is this true? my field would be marketing, finance,administration & management those were my majors and i have experience in marketing & administration.
big difference to my prospective between marketing and finance, choose what you want and look for probably not too big business to start with
big international companies would rather go for huge experience as they are able to pay for it and they can't affort mistakes
but if you can catch a big fish, will be happy for you, good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.