Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of applying for a General Skilled Visa, I am getting vetted by the ACS at the minute. I have my main application ready to go once I get recognized as a Software Engineer by the ACS should be around a month away. The immi website says that it takes between 18-24 months to complete an application, is this a realistic time scale or is this a cautious time (just in case they run over)? Has anyone got one of these visa's recently?

My friend applied for a different visa and his is flying through, but his is a spouse resident?

Thanks

P

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum

The timeline is very much realistic, check my timeline below in my signature, people do get their visas in 3-6 months as well but they apply either as employer sponsored or state/regional sponsored, those visas are faster, 175 is slow but again from what i have noticed, DIAC has been working very efficiently off late. these timelines are current, as the skill list changes the priority of application also changes. In our care, when we applied we were in normal SOL, then CSL was introduced, throwing our application in low priority, we then got state sponsorship, they stopped granting visas for State sponsored applications that were not in CSL.. anyways, now that you have applied, you can not do much but wait. keep checking the status online to see where DIAC is and what applications are being processed..

wish you luck:)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i agree with anj1976;
the current processing times have improved dramatically of late...
DIAC has for once got its act together...I hope they stay the same way when its my turn to apply in a few months...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Trust me life isn't as good as your screen name says :p.. kidding..

they change rules at the blink of an eye.. one day they will process applications so fast you would want to actually go and pat their backs, next day you will see changes in the DIAC site that you will be calling them names :p..

·
Registered
63 Posts
well the timeline used to be actual till the recently...now there are applicants who have gotten grants after 10 months ...though some peculiar cases take longer, i'll say the average process time now is within 12 months..

but hey one constant thing abt DIAC is change..lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.