Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding my specific line of work in online searches and hoping someone on here can help me.

My work is mainly on gas regulators from high pressure to low pressure and mechanical maintenance on gas regulators. Gas Technician is the closest thing I have came across to my job description if any ex pats from the uk could help it would be very very much appreciated. I have 6 years experience in this and in the middle of a HNC in mech eng.

My next step would be to hand a CV into an agency like city visa ?

I have family who are willing to sponsor me and house me until I find my feet from Vancouver. I imagine this will be a big plus for gaining entry ?

Again any help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

Sorry I know this doesn't help your quest but I am in an almost identical position to you, I work for NGN as a Maintenance supervisor and am also doing the HNC. Are you happy to share info as I will share what I have found if so. I am desperate to get out there. I also have domestic gas engineer qualifications and emergency stuff too.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll share what ive found out over the past week or so no problem been trawling canadian immigration website its far too confusing. i got lucky as family over there has got me a job and will sponsor me, which makes a really big difference,

im going down the provincial nominee programme route which is basically the province of British colombia saying they need my line of work and are saying they will let me in to the canadian immigration body, which speeds up the application process as when it gets there it has already been approved by the area where i want to stay.

at first i was just posting my CV everywhere online specifying i wanted a move to canada hoping i would get lucky, and recruitment agencies.

i have booked a consultation with an immigration lawyer who will give me my next steps and anything ive missed.

be wary of websites like cityvisa and ixpvisa who want about 2k to apply for a visa for you total scam half arsed applications that when they fail will not get you your money back.

i take it supervisor is a management position ? phoning up places likes hays recruitment might be worth while as well phoned a few myself didnt help but if your anythin like i was everythings worth trying. but your experience sounds like it would be more likely to be required than mines would

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.