Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day we bought a gas heater. The brand is Taster, but it look similar to all others I have seen with 3 different levels. We bought it used, even if it is only one season old and used very little.

My problem is I cant find out how to shut it off,:confused: there is no manual to it. I assume all works the same so perhaps someone who has a similar one can advice.

Anders

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our is the same. You have to turn off the gas completely, there's a switch (or something like that) on the regulator.It's always better to do it because you never know with gas.
Yea I did like that when I tested but I thought there was a real off. Must be a Chinese brand

Anders

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
I think you will find that it is normal for the only way to switch them off is by turning of the gas bottle. Both of ours work that way. I have never heard of one that has a switch on the fire to turn it off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you will find that it is normal for the only way to switch them off is by turning of the gas bottle. Both of ours work that way. I have never heard of one that has a switch on the fire to turn it off.
As long as it works it is ok

Anders

·
Registered
127 Posts
As long as it works it is ok

Anders
sorry, thought we were still talking about gas water heaters - different thread! Agree with Veronica, I have only ever had the on/off lever on the regulator on the several different types of room heaters I have had, including gas catalytic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts