Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am on the look out for yet more help from you kind people.

We are looking to source some patio furniture, specifically the "rattan style" woven chairs and a round table. The table to have a diameter greater than 1.50 m so as to be able to seat 6 minimum.

Visited Aki and Bricolage whilst down there, plenty of "woven" furniture, no round tables.

Have searched the net and found companies who will supply and deliver but they are not local to the Silver Coast, or indeed for that matter, the Algarve.

I really would like to support the local area if at all possible, so anyone got any contacts/shop details/experiences.

I would be most grateful.

Rob

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All rattan type I've seen are square/rectangular, try LeRoy Merlin bigger range than Aki
This was the kind of thing I had in mind, ideally purchased from a local supplier.

Garden Furniture

Any ideas for sourcing a local supplier.

Rob

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Well they must be around, as you've found one, but I've never seen a circular one, they all seen to follow current garden fashion trends in design and colour, we'll keep an eye out:)

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Have had a good search online Rob but they are all square.
The link you have given is located in Spain and may be the only one for you.

If you want to search further in Portugal.....google.pt and search for Conjunto mesa redondo rattan e cadeiras jardim

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Received one of Amazons ..................................................................... Round Table and 6 Chairs: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors[/url]

Hi canoe

Thanks for the mail. I have checked this out and also from another site:

Maze Rattan - La 6 Seat Set (Oval Table) - Chocolate Rattan - FREE PARASOL - 6 Seat Sets - Furniture Sets

Personal recommendation, express delivery and export boxed..........job done :D:D

Next is the BBQ :eek::eek:

Many thanks for all your help, canoe, siobhan and everyone, I much appreciate it.

Rob

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plenty of choice here for permanent built in types, anything else I'd get in UK much cheaper.
Thanks Canoe, I think I will.

Rob

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you decide on the built in type there is a manufacturer right beside where I live.
Thanks Siobhan, I was thinking of a Gas BBQ on wheels.

I think having now had a surf around that it will be cheaper to source that in the UK.

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts