Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Need your inputs as i'm applying for ACS in Sep 2017.
Software Engineer 261313
Age 25 points (34 yrs)
English 10 Points (IELTS 8,9,7,7.5)
Qual 15 points (Bachelor's degree in Computer Science 2004 passout )
Experience 15 points (10 years)

I will be completing 10 yrs exp by August end; counting months and not days in terms of total experience acquired, have all the needed documentation ready.
I passed out BE in 2004. Joined work in 2006 which is 2 years later
and also have a 1 year gap in between in 2007-08. Expecting 2 years deduction for ICT Major and closely nominated to the occupation, i will still need to get over 8+ years of experience to score 15 points for experience and subsequently a total of 65.

My experience dates are as below:

May 29th 2006 to Oct 19 2007
Nov 15 2008 to Apr 7 2010
Apr 8 2010 till date
My Q is whether they will deduct points for gap years?? If yes, how many?? How will it work in my case??

Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
458 Posts
This is just my idea for approx calculation and ACS assessment will vary:

Below I have rounded off some values to calculate on month basis.

From June 2006 to October 2007 will be 1 year 5 months

From December 2008 to April 2010 will be 1 year 4 months

From May 2010 to August 2017 will be 7 years 3 months

So totally 11 years 2 months. So you requirement met date after 2 years deduction might be, after July 2009 ,which might give more than 8 years experience for 15 points

·
Registered
356 Posts
This is just my idea for approx calculation and ACS assessment will vary:

Below I have rounded off some values to calculate on month basis.

From June 2006 to October 2007 will be 1 year 5 months

From December 2008 to April 2010 will be 1 year 4 months

From May 2010 to August 2017 will be 7 years 3 months

So totally 11 years 2 months. So you requirement met date after 2 years deduction might be, after July 2009 ,which might give more than 8 years experience for 15 points
I respectfully disagree with this. ACS clearly mentioned "2 years relevant ICT work experience completed in the last 10 years". @Anamica23 - Please feel free to correct if this is not the right fact. Or the understanding of last 10 years is different.

@yashudev - I explained to you yesterday on a different thread and provided you with the factual documents. In addition to that you can see similar case on the thread "http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1272298-acs-experience-urgent-help.html". if they are reducing 2 years they will look for last 10 years only.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I respectfully disagree with this. ACS clearly mentioned "2 years relevant ICT work experience completed in the last 10 years". @Anamica23 - Please feel free to correct if this is not the right fact. Or the understanding of last 10 years is different.

@yashudev - I explained to you yesterday on a different thread and provided you with the factual documents. In addition to that you can see similar case on the thread "http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1272298-acs-experience-urgent-help.html". if they are reducing 2 years they will look for last 10 years only.
Agree didnt come to my mind.. thanks for correcting :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

@scorpion24, thanks for the reference link you gave. I only have 2 options now for scoring 70 points now, isnt it?
-Score a better marking in English
-Wait for another year for experience and then apply for ACS :(

Thanks a ton both of you for the help. Makes sense to me now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
@scorpion24, thanks for the reference link you gave. I only have 2 options now for scoring 70 points now, isnt it?
-Score a better marking in English
-Wait for another year for experience and then apply for ACS :(

Thanks a ton both of you for the help. Makes sense to me now.
And on a different note, dont change job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts