Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a doubt with respect to ACS and the visa grant. I have a gap of 2 years during my engineering of 4 years, due to personal reasons. Was wondering if this has any effect on the outcome. This link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/2-year-study.htm mentions that the duration doesn't matter unless it's complete. I'm not sure if this is applicable only to Australians or others too. In case anyone has got a grant in a similar situation, please provide your valuable inputs.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Buddy, how much time it was taken to complete the graduation is not a matter of concern for ACS. What it matters are the course completion date and if it is genuine or not. Completion date will be used for calculating ur work experience.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi,
Even i have a gap of 1 yr in my engineering, just provide a letter informing abt this gap due to personal issues that's it, no issues

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chennaiguy and 0z_dream for the clarification. 0z_dream, did you provide the letter during EOI or during ACS? My marks cards reflect the date of passing certain subjects anyway. Also, is this a separate upload section in ACS/EOI? I have already submitted for ACS on Sep 18th and hopefully the result should be out by Dec 2nd week.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thanks chennaiguy and 0z_dream for the clarification. 0z_dream, did you provide the letter during EOI or during ACS? My marks cards reflect the date of passing certain subjects anyway. Also, is this a separate upload section in ACS/EOI? I have already submitted for ACS on Sep 18th and hopefully the result should be out by Dec 2nd week.
For ACS, yes i submitted letter for the gap in between, for EOI it is just online system where we dont have to upload any letter, coz it is just for eoi invitation, and then for DIAC yes i have again submitted letter to them addressing DIBP (new name for DIAC)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For ACS, yes i submitted letter for the gap in between, for EOI it is just online system where we dont have to upload any letter, coz it is just for eoi invitation, and then for DIAC yes i have again submitted letter to them addressing DIBP (new name for DIAC)
Ok. Is it worth sending a letter now since my results are almost due?:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts