Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to decide how I'm going to furnish any potential unfurnished flat when I arrive in Dubai.

First, I wondered if anyone can suggest a good furniture rental company (I've seen Indigo as the only one mentioned on the forum, but it was a few years ago).

Second, has anybody used this service recently? How did you find it?

I am mainly considering this because I know I will only be in Dubai for a set period of time and I'd like to try and limit the amount of stuff I will need to get rid of at the end.

Thanks!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Go Ikea for furniture, go Lulu for electronics, you will spend around 6,000 AED for the basic set up. Then slowly progress with more furniture. You also have Dubzzile, buy of the previous owner. Like i bought a Samsumg 6 months old washing machine of the previous owner for 250 AED

I am obviously different to other people, (I have an escape bag, with cash, passport, clothes and water ready for a quick run out) but any way my flat is as minimalist as possible so if I need to escape or a) it doesn't matter to me what I am leaving behind b) I can sell the stuff quite hassle free

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Iggles - that was the other option I suppose (I also enjoy minimalist living). Only reason I was wondering about renting was purely because I'm lazy.

Mrs. Cfposi is the decorator in the family, but she is staying behind in London - so was looking for someone else to do the thinking on this one.

Presumably IKEA does a delivery / set up service like in the UK?

·
Banned
913 Posts
Thanks Iggles - that was the other option I suppose (I also enjoy minimalist living). Only reason I was wondering about renting was purely because I'm lazy.

Mrs. Cfposi is the decorator in the family, but she is staying behind in London - so was looking for someone else to do the thinking on this one.

Presumably IKEA does a delivery / set up service like in the UK?
This is the country where you do nothing and everything is done for you. Even at petrol pumps. Labour is cheap and you don't have to move a muscle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts