Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to get used to the français de France French accent as opposed to Québecois French accent I want to watch a bunch of French TV. I still say'quoi' at the end of sentences but I am not up on my French colloquialisms.

I have been watching 'Un gars, une fille' the French version but I was wondering if there are any good sitcoms from over the past 20 years or so that are good and funny that I can watch.

I like 'The Office', 'Arrested Development', 'How I Met Your Mother' and 'Les Bougon' for comparison.

Thanks!

G

·
I enjoyed the M6 mini series "Caméra Café"; short five minute sketches all filmed in front of the office coffee machine.

Don't think any have been filmed for a few years, but no doubt they're all on YouTube or somewhere similar...

Edit: Ha, just did a YouTube search and ended up on the version Québécoise of the series! Didn't know there was one....

·
Administrator
50,414 Posts
Those Camera café sketches turn up all over the various cable/sat channels - used mostly for filler between the longer programs.

It's just my opinion, but the French don't seem to do series, particularly sitcoms, very well. There was a series years back starring Johnny Hallyday as a police commissioner in Paris who ride a big hog motorcycle and pops wheelies in the streets of Paris. Not intended as a comedy, but I think it's hysterical. The series is called "David Lansky."

You might try finding some videos of Coluche or Les Guignols to get a feel both for the accent and the French sense of humor. Or, if you're interested in words, word play and language as an art form, find any of the videos of Raymond DeVos. He's hard to characterize, but his performances are a joy to watch!
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.