Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

New to this forum so please excuse if I miss any of your rules.

Actually I recently passed my IELTS (L-8.5, W-7, R-7, S-7) and planning to apply for PR in next few months. I am aware that total cost for me & wife will be around 2.5 - 4 Lakhs. But I want to find out that do we need to show any funds (in the form of deposits or asset) in order to migrate?

I have recently invested most of my money in a flat where registry will take some time - So I am almost out of cash as well as can't show any asset. I do have enough money to support my Visa App and tickets etc but I was wondering do I need to show anything else?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to this forum so please excuse if I miss any of your rules.

Actually I recently passed my IELTS (L-8.5, W-7, R-7, S-7) and planning to apply for PR in next few months. I am aware that total cost for me & wife will be around 2.5 - 4 Lakhs. But I want to find out that do we need to show any funds (in the form of deposits or asset) in order to migrate?

I have recently invested most of my money in a flat where registry will take some time - So I am almost out of cash as well as can't show any asset. I do have enough money to support my Visa App and tickets etc but I was wondering do I need to show anything else?
As an initial step, I would say having money for visa fee is good. Once you get visa, then you would need to plan for tickets, and your maintenance when out there in Aus for a job search.

You are not required to show any money or bal for your visa. hope this helps

Reactions: sim2087

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Under this Skilled category:

UNIT GROUP 2613 SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMERS

Not very sure about the process yet - Just started looking

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an initial step, I would say having money for visa fee is good. Once you get visa, then you would need to plan for tickets, and your maintenance when out there in Aus for a job search.

You are not required to show any money or bal for your visa. hope this helps

Thanks - thats a big relief for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I remember that somewhere in the application for the PR you need to mention how much you are worth. This is the value in assets like land, gold, cash etc. etc. You don't need to furnish proof for this. This may be for state sponsorship as well, I don't remember very clearly. But i clearly remember filling this data.
The case Officer may ask for proof or details of these assets but it is a very rare case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts