Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

I hope someone can help with this.

I have a cheque account that automatically comes with a savings account attached to it. I have been transferring funds to this saving account for my ancestry visa application.

Now, is this account fine when producing statements for the application? It does have its own account number and separate statements to my main cheque account.

It was advised to me to me by my visa agent, to get a letter from the bank that says the account funds are immediately availible and not one of those 32 day notice accounts. Is this nessessary? Because I went to the bank, and they dont have a template letter on the system that states this. So I dont want to waste any time on this if its pretty much useless.

Regards

·
Registered
43 Posts
HI Howl,

Im applying for my marriage visa and im using my savings account to do so. I suppose it's different in my case as for some reason I haven't switched to a cheque account yet.

BUT, as far as I know, (my opinion) the fact that you are depositing/transferring money into that account freely, proves that it's an accessible account. Also, inaccessible accounts do not come with their own account number (i could be wrong) but from my knowledge, all my trusts and 32 day notice accounts are all inter-linked. You wouldn't receive monthly updates if it was a savings investment. you may get quarterly updates. A savings account on its own is just another type of account where you receive a better rate. Its not a tied investment. Unless it states otherwise. but you wouldn't be able to move money in and out of that account if it were.

just something to think about:
I don't know who you bank with but most local banks now have a forex account attached to it. I find this helps a great deal. Esp because the Rand is so weak at the moment. I would rather keep my money in pounds and secure its value.

I hope it goes well.. I'll fill you in on the progress of my application :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. That does make sense. Maybe I'm just being to pedantic.

That forex idea does seem like an idea. FNB does do it i think, will check it out tonight and have squiz through the T&C's

Thanks again

·
Registered
43 Posts
lol sure. :) you are most welcome.

I know the feeling, as im going through the same thing. To everyone else not in our situation, this would seem silly, but the fact that there is so much pressure around getting things right the first time is a whole new ball game!!

FNB is amazing, yes im going to be bias here because i have banked with everyone else and I cant deny the service FNB offers.

They have 2 branches, 1) a global account and 2)forex investments.
the first allows you to transfer and convert your money to a different currency and keep it that way. You can use that account almost anywhere in the world.

the second allows you to transfer your rands to a forex acc and you can swipe anywhere around the world. except your exchange rate will depend on the day of transaction.

I'm doing all my accounts this week. i'll fill you in. (I work in the financial sector, watching market trends, so personally moving money into a forex (global) account, whether I stay or go would be the route I would def take ).

Goodluck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.