Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
why is it when I walk on a road where it is still under construction ( no pathway from pedestrians and still not working street lights) do the drivers flash the high beam as they pass by me. It is annoying, it's better to slow down with low beam rather than speeding like crazy with high beam. One car flashed the high beam and stood away 20 m in front of me and started turning on/off his high beam. I said to my self "dafaq is wrong with this person. I kept on walking towards it, i crossed the road when i was 10 m away bcz was afraid someone will jump out of the car and i'kll have to defend my self and stuff :p " so when i crossed the streer, he went on moving.
can some1 explain the mentality?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Basically telling you 'get out the way' - you don't seriously expect car drivers to give way to pedestrians do you? Not a chance in this place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't crossing the street, just walking near the dirt but on te asphalt. They have way much room to pass but they just turn on the high beam and pass. I got curious regarding the car that stopped 20 meters and started flashing every 1 second. Is there any protocol that he followed?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Full beam is a pain in the arse, but no lights is insanity!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts