Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So I was lucky enough to get married a couple of months ago - and even got two frying pans as presents...!

Anyway, I'd like to take one of them to Dubai. It's brand new and in its original box. But I wonder what customs will think at the airport, if there will be charges etc.?

I've looked on the customs website, but no luck there.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
I think that as long as you dont go hitting anyone over the head with it - you will be fine!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve,

How sure are you? So far, I always seem to get my baggage checked when arriving in Dubai...

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Thanks Steve,

How sure are you? So far, I always seem to get my baggage checked when arriving in Dubai...
You must look very dodgy!

I should know - every time that i have arrived in Dubai with my family - the cases on my trolley get checked and my wife is waved through!!!

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
If you come across this sign at the airport:

Then abandon the piece of luggage the frying pan is, make your way back through the airport, head straight for the ticket counter and once there get the next available ticket back.

p.s: Don't forget to pick up a souvenir shisha or stuffed toy camel from the duty free ...

·
Banned
3 Posts
Nothing happens . You can bring it along . I recently got a pressure cooker for this aunty of mine who was after me for this particular brand bak in my country . They stopped checked and let me go . If they can allow 'daddy of pans' then im sure you wont have any issues.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Reading through this thread was way better than watching Mr Bean comedy serials ...

:drama:

Reactions: sece11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts