Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I see ppl speaking English and I feel comfortable doing so.

I am a native French but lived abroad in the US for almost 20 years. Recently in 2010, I moved back to France but am baffled with the adaptation in France.

The administration system is slow and annoying (due to reasons I don't know).

I am in a small town but really don't like it here because opportunities are none existent. The only job I got was a fast food job which I hated.

I want to move to Bordeaux but don't have the means.

I am looking for English speaking jobs as I can make the best of my abilities.

I will post more info later...gotta run...

·
Administrator
51,981 Posts
What can I say, but welcome (back) to France!

I've been living in France since 1995, and I have to say that either things have gotten a (tiny) bit better, or perhaps I've simply developed the proper attitude and have learned what I can safely ignore and what I absolutely have to engage with to get things done here.

What line of work are you in? That will determine how useful your English skills will be in finding a job. But the job situation is not easy for anyone at the moment, particularly those with experience outside of France. (Who knows what "uppity" ideas you picked up in all those years of living in the US? :usa2: )

In any event, glad you found the forum here. Be sure to keep us posted on what it's like re-adjusting back to living in France after all these years.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry been out of internet connexion for the last few days.

France is not a bad country per se. It's my American mentality that sorts contradicts with the local culture and econ system.

I was at AFPA looking to explore careers. But in the end, I live in a small town as I said and opportunities are so few and the only jobs are the restaurant jobs as wait staff.

I am currently attempting to get into a "formation" at the AFPA exploiting my bilingual ability. I figure I would have less competition.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in psychology from the US (LOL @ American "degrees"). It turned out to be useless. Surprised? :rolleyes:

Reason I am considering Bordeaux is because their red wine export is a such a huge part of France's revenue that I think going there to get a job as an bilingual may be a good opportunity for me. At least better than Paris (where finding housing is a huge pain and hassle).

Thanks for reading...I was hoping someone from Bordeaux could be provide some advice or info about the city but I am using this thread as a form of rant too :confused2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.