Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I found this thread after lots of reading and searching and decided to ask you guys for opinions and help.

For background: My wife and I have been in the United States for about 7 years now and we are both on a work visa and have been working, doing our duties and everything so much so our companies have sponsored us even for a green card. Yes, it sounds great but we are frustrated overall. We have excellent jobs, stable lives but the immigration situation is so sticky and considering our chances of getting a green card (10-20 year wait atleast) it is so agonizing thinking about it. So much can happen in those years. I don't want to be stuck in the middle without a job suddenly one day that if we have kids, can end up being alone here.

So I have been looking for options outside of the USA. Yes, India (where we are from) is always there but we would like to be where we don't have this immigration thing hanging on our heads forever - or atleast what seems like it.

What are our options for a quicker immigration/base to setup for years to come? I am considering Canada, Australia.

While Australia seems so much more closer to "home", I have heard the expenses are so much higher. Obviously there are so many things to think off other than this but we would like some thoughts and opinions..

Thanks.

·
Administrator
50,464 Posts
There are so many variables in what you are considering - your professions, your goals, your attachment (or not) to your home country, not to mention the ever-popular "political stability" which can change literally overnight.

If you're considering Canada and Australia, then you may want to post a question in each of those forums to see how other expats in each country see the local climate for expats.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts