Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This may have been covered in a previous thread to an extent but are there any notable, fresh fruit and vegetable or farmers markets in Dubai?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

If I am not buying in bulk is it still worth the trip or will I offend the sellers buying 6 tomatoes and a cucumber?:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I have seen them not want to give out 1 or 2 tomatoes/bananas/persimmons, but 6 will be fine, though they will push you to take more.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable Market do have a "retail" section where they sell things by the half kilo etc.

If you go halves with another household, it can be a very cheap and delicious way to buy your fruit and veggies.

I know they are nearly about to start up the local farmers market again this year. The facebook link is as follows: https://www.facebook.com/TheFarmersMarketOnTheTerrace?fref=ts

If you google it, you come up with a website somewhere but it has fewer updates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The question should be are they genetically modified. I don't know if there is a department to check the imported goods. Asked a worker this question he said he doesn't know

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
The question should be are they genetically modified. I don't know if there is a department to check the imported goods. Asked a worker this question he said he doesn't know
Odds on the sheets on your bed are from GM cotton....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts