Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm not going to lie to you. I'm not an expat. I'm a lowly member of staff, sitting in a London office, trying to establish quite how I'm going to unearth food retailers across the world who are similar to the UK's Iceland store chain in order to appease my boss.

I'm hoping you fine people might be able to lend a hand in this, given you've actually likely got some knowledge of the supermarket landscapes in countries other than the UK.

From my fairly extensive Googling, I've only managed to find out that there's a chain in France called Picard Courgelles that do the same kind of thing as Iceland. I've also found that apparently frozen food is pretty big in Spain, but haven't found any frozen food retailer chain names.

Any names you could throw my way would be hugely appreciated - you'll certainly have done your good deed for the day...

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm not going to lie to you. I'm not an expat. I'm a lowly member of staff, sitting in a London office, trying to establish quite how I'm going to unearth food retailers across the world who are similar to the UK's Iceland store chain in order to appease my boss.

I'm hoping you fine people might be able to lend a hand in this, given you've actually likely got some knowledge of the supermarket landscapes in countries other than the UK.

From my fairly extensive Googling, I've only managed to find out that there's a chain in France called Picard Courgelles that do the same kind of thing as Iceland. I've also found that apparently frozen food is pretty big in Spain, but haven't found any frozen food retailer chain names.

Any names you could throw my way would be hugely appreciated - you'll certainly have done your good deed for the day...

Spain has - wait for it...............ICELAND !!! They operate in Spain too, but I wouldnt say that frozen food is particularly big in Spain at all. The Spanish in general prefer fresh food. But Iceland is popular amongst the expats

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
48,568 Posts
Picard Surgele (Courgelles sounds like all they sell are frozen courgettes) is a popular chain of shops - and actually they have some very nice products.

There are also others in France, including a couple different delivery services: Thiriet, Argel, Eismann and Maximo.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, and I'd be interested in any shops selling only frozen courgettes either... ;)

Any more Iceland equivalents (frozen food supermarkets) from anywhere else or anything similar? Even if it's just people saying they know of nothing in their country, I'd be hugely grateful...

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Thanks all, and I'd be interested in any shops selling only frozen courgettes either... ;)
Frozen courgettes??? I grow them in my garden, but you can get fresh ones in the supermarkets. Why are you asking???? :confused2:

Jo xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts