Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have Read many Post on this Forum, many have done Frontloaded Meds ?

You Mean that After Applying for GSM Visa, We can Do medical before CO is Assigned?

Can any one tell me plz ?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi,

Meds and PCC determines the entry period for ur visa. So, if u do it before, u may have very less window time after ur visa is approved or if u don't get CO for 1 yr from the date of ur meds, then u may have to repeat meds.

SO, better do it once ur CO demands it

·
Registered
541 Posts
What rangola said is right.
There are alot of people who wasted money by taking advance medicals.
But some are lucky, as they got CO within the time frame.
So its better to take Medicals and Pcc when Co ask for it.
...............................................................................................................

Agent applied April 2007
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Pased January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Received File no: November 2008
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Waiting for Visa.????

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I do This way ?

If i apply , after 5-6 Month I do Frontload Meds ? then should be Ok ?

I will be on CSL /MODL i think & I have a Family Sponsor also , so my Procesing Time from DIAC Should be Around 6-8 Month, as per Processing Priorities for GSM on 23 Sep 09 ?

???

·
Registered
233 Posts
It doesn't make much difference, what is the advantage u c in front loading the documents, may be u may get visa 2 to 3 weeks in advance.........which doesn't make much difference while waiting for 6 - 8 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also read that a prelim assessment is done and if you are not eligible for the visa and you are refused then it will save you the expense of having the medical? I would say be cautious if there is any chance of not being eligible.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi

I have Read many Post on this Forum, many have done Frontloaded Meds ?

You Mean that After Applying for GSM Visa, We can Do medical before CO is Assigned?

Can any one tell me plz ?
Don't do it... wait until they ask. With the changes they are making, who know what when you visa will be processed. Have patience, and wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts