Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Today I completed my ,medicals. I am still waiting for two police certificates to come through.
Essentially, I haven't heard from the case officer as yet but my status shows several documents as "met".
My timeline:
Visa 175
CSL - Quantity Surveyor
175 Visa Application (Online) - 5/12/09
Application processing commenced
Skills Matching Database- 22/01/10
Application being processed further - 27/01/10
Birth certificate or other evidence of age - Met
Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo(bio-data) page - Met
IELTS - Met
Evidence of overseas qualifications - Further checking required
Evidence of skills assessment - Met
Evidence of work experience - Required
Passport photo - Met

Now, I need your advise on the following:
Is front loading a bad idea?
How long from now should I expect to hear from the case officer?
After all documents submitted when do you think the visa will be issued?

Cheers,
Zenji

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Zenji

Since you have already done the Meds and PCC is almost done, its best to front load them. Since the application status says processing further, you definitely have a CO.

As already mentioned earlier, Meds and PCC are what decide your initial entry date but as you are in NZ, i do not think there should be a problem making the IE.. since it is just a hop away.

I don't think it would take long now for the visa.. another couple of months i guess.

Wish you luck
Cheers
anj

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anj,

But approximately how many months are we talking about?

Zenji

Hi Zenji

Since you have already done the Meds and PCC is almost done, its best to front load them. Since the application status says processing further, you definitely have a CO.

As already mentioned earlier, Meds and PCC are what decide your initial entry date but as you are in NZ, i do not think there should be a problem making the IE.. since it is just a hop away.

I don't think it would take long now for the visa.. another couple of months i guess.

Wish you luck
Cheers
anj

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
couple of months.. that makes it 2 :)..

·
Registered
38 Posts
couple of months.. that makes it 2 :)..
Hi Anj,

Can you please help resolve my query ?

My status changed to ABPF today, with most of the docs as met and the medicals as requested. So shud i go ahead and do the medicals? i am confused since i dont have a CO yet and havent been asked to do the medicals thru email.

Also , i wont be uploading any documents related to medicals if am not wrong ? the reports will be directly sent to the department by the panel doctor ?Please correct me if am wrong.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Ram.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ram

yes the medicals are sent by the docs. It is entirely upto you. If you want to go get them done without being contacted by the CO, you should go ahead. Any way they will contact you sooner or later. what about PCC? is that done already? you should go ahead and work on that as well

·
Registered
323 Posts
" Evidence of overseas qualifications - Further checking required" --- Your CO is still working on your file...

"Evidence of work experience - Required" ---
Please review your "Work experience" documents that you have submitted. Ask yourself, is there anything else that you can submit? So that it makes life easy for your CO. Like tax return, bank statement, more reference letter etc...

From the look of the status your CO may ask for more documents!!

All the best.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Work experience - this is where job verification is needed.

I sent way too many documents for work experience. they include - payslips, bank statements, letter o offer of employment, employment contracts, reference letters from my former boss.

I call DIAC today and they confirm that hey are still "verifying" documents. Am sure the visa will be issued by the end of March.

" Evidence of overseas qualifications - Further checking required" --- Your CO is still working on your file...

"Evidence of work experience - Required" ---
Please review your "Work experience" documents that you have submitted. Ask yourself, is there anything else that you can submit? So that it makes life easy for your CO. Like tax return, bank statement, more reference letter etc...

From the look of the status your CO may ask for more documents!!

All the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts