Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good immigration agency that they used to apply for a Visa to immigrate to Australia from the US??? Also what was the average turn around time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dolly!
We are fine with using a service based in either Australia or the US so long as they are able to work with us and are knowledgeable in what forms to fill out to get us squared away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally we were looking to apply for the Skilled Migrant 175 Visa. Our situation is a bit tricky and we didn't exceed 120 on the points test. My husband and I are both engineers and are self employed. We sent in his paperwork to Engineers Australia and based on our undergrad degree qualified for SOL points but not MODL points. In addition to engineering work we have a product line that we manufacture and sell over the internet and we also derive investment income. It keeps us busy and is fun but we are not the clear cut 40 hour work week professionals. Which again is why selecting a appropriate Visa is something I could use some help with.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally we were looking to apply for the Skilled Migrant 175 Visa. Our situation is a bit tricky and we didn't exceed 120 on the points test. My husband and I are both engineers and are self employed. We sent in his paperwork to Engineers Australia and based on our undergrad degree qualified for SOL points but not MODL points. In addition to engineering work we have a product line that we manufacture and sell over the internet and we also derive investment income. It keeps us busy and is fun but we are not the clear cut 40 hour work week professionals. Which again is why selecting a appropriate Visa is something I could use some help with.
Did you qualify for enough points for the 176 State Sponsorship? What ASCO code is your career?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our ASCO code is 2129-79 and honestly I haven't even looked at the 176 since I'm not sure how to get a nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency and we don't have other sponsors.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Our ASCO code is 2129-79 and honestly I haven't even looked at the 176 since I'm not sure how to get a nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency and we don't have other sponsors.
I just recently applied to switch from 175 to 176 state sponsorship with ACT. You should check out the website of each state and they should have a list of in-demand occupation in the state. Check if your profession is listed there. You may not be able to go to the part of AU that you initially wanted, but it will get your foot in the door.

·
Registered
619 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts