Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a while ago looking for feedback on French language teaching on line / telephone, and all the feedback and input was great, so thank you all.

Now, feedback on translations please. Is it something that people would find useful? Perhaps letters from EDF / France Telecom etc? Or property documentation? Advertisement translations, for rental properties, English into French? Making telephone calls to various people? I know the latter I have found very useful recently, when trying to sort out a bill that I was sent by the water board. I couldn't have done it alone

I'd be interested to hear what people think. Thanks!

:ranger:

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frog. I appreciate the comments, particularly on the very legal stuff. She is a qualified French tutor with word perfect English. I doubt that she would want to get involved in the legal stuff, more letters and things. I hear what you're saying about the free on line stuff, but that doesn't make a telephone call for you, does it? It also didn't help me translate the true meaning and implications of a very serious letter from the French water board recently! She was able to sort it for me by making an appointment for them to visit, writing a couple of letters in correct terminology, sort out their error, and get them to send me the bill for MY meter and not somebody elses. Oh, not to mention preventing the water from being cut off and stopping the court action for non payment of bill! So, whilst there is a huge amount of truth in your comments, we're talking simple stuff if you can speak the lingo, but too difficult for many of us!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a hope :frusty:. Not for a long time at least!

Big corporations have got an unofficial policy on handling complaints these days. Basically they've worked out that 95% of problems simply go away in time, the complainants giving up. They ignore stroppy letters, 'customer service' is there to act as a buffer to ensure they don't actually pay out any hard cash.

I read a whistle-blower article by a former customer services manager along those lines not so long ago. It's a sad trend.
Worth a stamp, maybe?:lalala: praps not.........

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.