Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour a tous,

I am wanting to know if I would be eligible for a resident permit (10 year Visa) I have been living in Paris for 5 years but the first year I was on a Working holiday visa, so im not sure that counts? I have however been on a student visa for the following 4 years (Just recently Graduated).

I am also in a relationship and living with a French citizen, who thinks its ok that we can just walk into the prefecture, show a couple of things and Voila! Im good to stay... But I know there is more to it than that.

Thank you in advanced
P.S My visa expires in September, but im beginning to worry now because these things take some time.

·
Administrator
50,395 Posts
Hm - it kind of depends. I don't believe the WHV time counts at all. And there is some question as to whether the years on a student visa count. If you were able to find a job in your field of study before your current visa/titre de séjour runs out, you'd be in a much more solid position.

You could probably change your status to vie privée et familiale if you got either married or PACSd with your current partner. But failing that, you're probably going to need to come up with some "reason" to extend your current visa/residence permit.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts