Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favourite French podcasts? I'd love to hear any tips.

My top four would be:

Le Masque et La Plume (France Inter) - Cinema
Projection Privée (France Culture) - Cinema
L'Esprit Public (France Culture) - Politics
Nicolas Canteloup - Revue de Presque (Europe 1) - Comedy

When I lived in New Mexico, I was kept alive by BBC podcasts.... And then recently my old iPod died, to be replaced by the new iPod Touch that does radio. So I'm listening to more live radio, but it's still lovely to have complete programs to listen to, and pause when necessary.

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
Check out the podcasts available at France Bleu France Bleu National - Podcasts

France Bleu is regional radio in France. My all time favorite show (available in podcast) is Les Defis du Professeur Gersal, which is a rather fun quiz show that airs at 1 pm each weekday. The questions are fairly easy (all true-false) but the show is great fun and a wonderful way of practicing your French and picking up some French cultural tidbits at the same time. But it seems like nearly all their various programs are available as podcasts.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I'll check out Les Defis. I've spent a fair amount of time trawling through the podcast web pages of the various French radio stations, plus on iTunes. There's such a lot of them, though, that's it's easy to miss a gem. And you're exactly right about it being a help in picking up French culture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.