Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My name is Mohsin. I want to ask you some questions. My wife lives in France for more than 13 years on carte du sejour. She applied for nationality in June 2013. Its almost 6 months now but she didn't get any respones by prefecture as far. We just married last month and she didn't declare our marriage tu prefecture. Is it so important? Should we tell them about our marriage coz we heard that if we declare to them they could reject application for nationality because i am not in France I am in Pakistan and we just applied for regroupement familial as well for me. Can anyone plz tell me about this? And plz tell me how much time natinality process takes? Thanks

·
Administrator
50,390 Posts
The nationality process takes up to about a year after the initial dossier is accepted. However, your marital status is a very important part of your application. French law requires a married couple to maintain a common residence, and if you are not resident in France that is very likely to cause problems for her application.

She should definitely advise the prefecture about her change in marital status, but it may not bode well for her application for nationality.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's why we didn't tell them about marriage yet but we are going to tell now. My wife will contact them. Could you please tell me if we tell them they can reject her application too? if they do then what should be our next step?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Usually, for this reason, they will not reject the application but only adjourn it for 2 years since they would like to make sure that your wife's primary famililal interests (i.e. her husband) is settled in France.

However, right now when she declares the marriage to the prefecture, she could try giving a covering letter explaining the circumstances that you have full intentions of joining her and that the regroupement familiale is already applied for and pending with the same administration (i.e. the prefecture)...and then keep your fingers crossed.

But like Bev said above, it is imperative that the marriage is declared to them immediately, since if they are to find out later after your wife acquires her nationality, that is a straight case of taking the nationality back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually, for this reason, they will not reject the application but only adjourn it for 2 years since they would like to make sure that your wife's primary famililal interests (i.e. her husband) is settled in France.

However, right now when she declares the marriage to the prefecture, she could try giving a covering letter explaining the circumstances that you have full intentions of joining her and that the regroupement familiale is already applied for and pending with the same administration (i.e. the prefecture)...and then keep your fingers crossed.

But like Bev said above, it is imperative that the marriage is declared to them immediately, since if they are to find out later after your wife acquires her nationality, that is a straight case of taking the nationality back.
Ok first of all thanks for your advice, Yes we are going to declare our marriage to them and as you said we'll write a letter as well then let's see what happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.