Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know there are a lot of these questions posted, but I also know that there are a couple of people who have gotten their French Nationality based on ancestry. So...maybe someone can help.

I have French ancestry on both my mother's side and my father's side. Problem is, it was a few generations ago. It is all traceable back to France though and I've got the names/dates of birth/places of birth of the last of my "French born in France" ancestors. How the heck do I do this? Do I have to get birth and marriage certificates for every one of my relatives going back to these people? I know there is something about réintegration based on ties to France? Help? I've contact the consulate that serves my area. I got a 1 liner with a link to the application for a nationality certificate. Is this something I can apply for while living in France on a long stay visa or do I have to do it outside of France?

Sorry for all of the questions, I am just not sure where to start with my paperwork collection!! :confused2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Do you know if it is correct that it has to be through the male line until 1945? Mine is through the male line all of the way back except for my great grandmother who was born in the late 1800's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.