Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandfather worked for french army in the second world war and he got "CARTE DE COMBATTANT " card and now my father and myself are trying to get the french nationality .My grandfather enjoyed french benefits like old age pension and other pensions and he did claim for the injury which happened to him during second world war but before the claim amount arrived my grandfather passed away .

till 1979 he enjoyed all the french government benefits so that "50 years law (loss of nationality by disuse)" will not impact us I guess . Is my guessing right .We already consulted one french nationality consultant he said ok to get nationality for us before but due to the above said law he said some problems are there.This 50 years count will start from 1979 or when ? that is my confusion

I guess the person who hold the nationality should use it in the past fifty years otherwise it will expire Am I right .Please clarify this ?

I already posted some questions a couple of years back and unfortunately was not able to follow up further currently I am in USA and doing software job . It would be great if someone posts some answers which gives us hope

we already did send our petition and got the receipt number and the process halted at that point

Please guide can i get the french nationality

1 - 2 of 2 Posts