Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

My name is Aurélie but you can call me Lilie. I'm a french mom, living close to Fontainebleau (Nemours) and I love USA and english language.

I would like to meet american people to talk and having nice moments. And I know that it's not easy when you arrive in a new country and don't know anybody so if you want to make friend I'm here !

I'm a photographer/at home mom. Love animals, nature, bakery, US series, sport...

So if you want to discuss then you can contact me here.

Bye bye =)

·
Administrator
51,328 Posts
There should be some base of Americans/Brits/other English speakers in the Fontainebleau area, if only thanks to INSEAD located nearby. But I know that many of the folks who have come over to France from the States planning on studying or working in and around Fontainebleau seem to want to live in Paris and let the worker/student in the family commute.

The other phenomenon noted recently - at least in our local AVF (Bures-Gif-Orsay) - is that there seem to be far fewer expats arriving these days from either the US or UK. Speaking here mostly of the Paris region. And I expect that may have something to do with the various economies of France, the US and UK.

But let's see if we can scare someone up who's in your area.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I'm also new in this area (almost 1year now) and before I was at 10min from Paris but never tried to find someone cause I didn't speak well.
I have a friend who lives in Texas (french mom) she really like REALLY loves her life there and I went one time in LA (few years ago) and people were so nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts