Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just moved to Toulon (Le Mourillon) and need to take French lessons. I am searching for intensive lessons. Any leads?

Merci.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I just moved to Toulon (Le Mourillon) and need to take French lessons. I am searching for intensive lessons. Any leads?

Merci.
Dustin Thompson is another American living in Toulon and he offers one-on-one French lessons cheaper than anyone else I've found - only 10 E an hour. Unlike many French tutors who expect you to go to them, he will travel to your location. He's busy, but he's excellent, so if you can get him, you'll be getting the best. **** - you can tell him Cheryl sent you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spent the summer (7 weeks total) in Aix and then Toulon (with friends). I've been traveling to France since 99 and realized it was the best match for me from the other Eu countries. I am presently back in NYC awaiting my returned flight...this week (supposed to have been today). I lived in LA and well Toulon has the same weather and peaceful atmosphere. If you like, we can meet for a coffee when I return ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spent the summer (7 weeks total) in Aix and then Toulon (with friends). I've been traveling to France since 99 and realized it was the best match for me from the other Eu countries. I am presently back in NYC awaiting my returned flight...this week (supposed to have been today). I lived in LA and well Toulon has the same weather and peaceful atmosphere. If you like, we can meet for a coffee when I return ;)
Sure, sounds like fun. Let me know when you're back. Can also give you some info about where to go and what to see if you'd like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dustin Thompson is another American living in Toulon and he offers one-on-one French lessons cheaper than anyone else I've found - only 10 E an hour. Unlike many French tutors who expect you to go to them, he will travel to your location. He's busy, but he's excellent, so if you can get him, you'll be getting the best. **** - you can tell him Cheryl sent you.
Hi Cheryl, Please send me Dustin's contact info. I am back in Toulon and desperate to get this french off the ground :)

Merci

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi could you poss send me Dustin's details as we may be moving earlier and would be great to have a contact. My husband will be doing paid for intensive language training but I am starting from scratch!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi could you poss send me Dustin's details as we may be moving earlier and would be great to have a contact. My husband will be doing paid for intensive language training but I am starting from scratch!
Hello,

I've been doing French lessons with a French lady named Mina who's in Carqueiranne and very competent.:clap2: I've progressed a lot and promised her when I left the area to recommand her. Her tel number is 06.67.27.71.72, she's got a small company called Atout Lingua.

Don't hesitate to contact her :fingerscrossed:from She's quite busy (because successful !...) but she should find an arrangement for you. You can call her from me.

Have a good week-end.

Cecilia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mina is excellent

I am currently a student of Mina's as well. I live in Toulon at the moment and travel to Carqueiranne to take lessons from her.

Mina is an excellent tutor and I have made tremendous progress with her. French is a challenging language to learn, but I find Mina's method makes it more pain-free.

She approaches her task with a lot of humour. And she is highly intelligent and worldly, so there is always much to discuss. I find that the benefit of a one-on-one tutor is that you can make learning French less of a chore and more pleasurable by talking about the subjects that interest you. So having a tutor like Mina who embraces that process makes it easier to learn French.

Anyway, I highly recommend her and don't believe anyone could be disappointed in the experience of working with her.

Best,

Bruce Livesey
(A Canadian in France)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.