Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm originally from the UK but have been living in Montpellier for 7 months now but haven't really learnt the language upto now.

I was quite lucky in the fact that I managed to find a job after a month of being here.

I wondered if anyone knew of any intregration French language courses being run in Montpellier by maybe the goverment or something. Ideally I need to do some sort of course in evening as I work full time. I have heard rumours that they may even be free lessons available?

Thanks in Advance!!

Martin

·
Administrator
50,453 Posts
If there are freebies available, chances are someone at the mairie will know about them. That's normally the best place to ask, anyhow.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are French lessons in Maison Pour Tous which will cost you a bit less than 100 euros per year:
Maison de quartier Frédéric-Chopin
Tél. 04 67 72 61 83
Langues et alphabétisation
Public : Adultes niveau intermédiaire
Horaires : mardi ou jeudi de 9h30 à 12h
Apprentissage de la langue française.

Maison pour tous Paul-Emile-Victor
Tél. 04 99 58 13 58
Langues et alphabétisation
Public : Adultes
Horaires : mardi, jeudi et vendredi de 14h à 16h

·
Registered
254 Posts
If there are freebies available, chances are someone at the mairie will know about them. That's normally the best place to ask, anyhow.
Cheers,
Bev
Bev.

Thanks for your input.. I will be moving to the area of Uzes and I will try to contact the Mairie there or in Nimes.. I was originally thinking that I would need to pay for classes but if I can get the education free or at an a nominal charge, all the better. It doesn't come easy for me but I am sure that there is hope..

G

·
Bev.

Thanks for your input.. I will be moving to the area of Uzes and I will try to contact the Mairie there or in Nimes.. I was originally thinking that I would need to pay for classes but if I can get the education free or at an a nominal charge, all the better. It doesn't come easy for me but I am sure that there is hope..
In the meantime you can follow the exciting ;) online daily news updates from Uzes at this url, and practice your French at the same time :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bev.

Good luck with free lessons. If this fails, see an earlier post "French lessons on line" which may be of use to you

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm originally from the UK but have been living in Montpellier for 7 months now but haven't really learnt the language upto now.

I was quite lucky in the fact that I managed to find a job after a month of being here.

I wondered if anyone knew of any intregration French language courses being run in Montpellier by maybe the goverment or something. Ideally I need to do some sort of course in evening as I work full time. I have heard rumours that they may even be free lessons available?

Thanks in Advance!!

Martin
Hi Martin

I have hunted about, and the free lessons come under a scheme called GRETA. If you google "Greta France" you will get more info

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys, just a quick update.

I managed to find a course in Montpellier being run at the Maison Pour Tous opposite IBM.

The thing is the lady needs 6 people in order to run the course and I think I'm the only one at the moment.

If there is anybody out there who is looking for french lessons in Montpellier area do send me message and I will pass on the details.

The price is around 220 euros and runs from the end of September to June 2010. The course will be once a week on a Tuesday from 5.30pm to 7pm.

P.s Thanks for the Greta link Linda, I will have a look into that as well :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am still looking for french lessons in Montpellier. I recently moved here from UK.
Do you have any advice where to look for evening lessons?

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.