Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any more for any more? Adding to the new 'parties' NUPES & REN? My vote is now extra easy, killing two (or even three) birds with one stone in our circonscription. No more 'wasted' vote (round one), no more nose peg (round two) but my real choice, with a real chance of electoral success.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, thanks. It was either start a new thread, or change the title of the other one to "Round 3" which is, as I see, what many of the media are referring to it as.
I am quite surprised that you use the term Round 3, given that 3rd round was the term coined by Mélenchon and now, of course NUPES. I was trying to be a little circumspect.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any more for any more? Adding to the new 'parties' NUPES & REN? My vote is now extra easy, killing two (or even three) birds with one stone in our circonscription. No more 'wasted' vote (round one), no more nose peg (round two) but my real choice, with a real chance of electoral success.
Which is not the case for me, but those of us who support NUPES are all in this together so I will happily vote for the designated EELV candidate whilst at the same time donating to the LFI election fund, which finances only LFI candidates whilst other NUPES candidates have to seek campaign funding from elsewhere. It's a bit like getting 2 bites of the cherry for me :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Which is not the case for me, but those of us who support NUPES are all in this together so I will happily vote for the designated EELV candidate whilst at the same time donating to the LFI election fund, which finances only LFI candidates whilst other NUPES candidates have to seek campaign funding from elsewhere. It's a bit like getting 2 bites of the cherry for me :)
Our département has 3 circonscriptions, apportioned 2 LFI & 1 EELV (ours), so for me it's back to Round 1, but this time with a realistic chance!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our département has 3 circonscriptions, apportioned 2 LFI & 1 EELV (ours), so for me it's back to Round 1, but this time with a realistic chance!
Just make sure your candidate wins. Shame EELV did not combine with LFI for the presidential election, especially given they were polling so poorly. I admit I like and respect Sandrine Rousseau.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
The NUPES bunch is really screwing things up in some constituencies. They're "parachuting" an LFI candidate (Taha Bouhaf) into Vénissieux, a constituency with a long history of successful PS and PC candidates. Bouhaf has no affiliation or history with the area, and after 100 years of PS governence, they've parachuted Melanchon's son-in-law into Villurbanne, again, someone with no affiliation or history with the area. The left has excellent local candidates that are just being ignored in favor of friends or relatives of the national bosses, and the locals are PO'd.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The NUPES bunch is really screwing things up in some constituencies. They're "parachuting" an LFI candidate (Taha Bouhaf) into Vénissieux, a constituency with a long history of successful PS and PC candidates. Bouhaf has no affiliation or history with the area, and after 100 years of PS governence, they've parachuted Melanchon's son-in-law into Villurbanne, again, someone with no affiliation or history with the area. The left has excellent local candidates that are just being ignored in favor of friends or relatives of the national bosses, and the locals are PO'd.
That is a report from a couple of days ago. Scare mongering?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know yet who our EELV (NUPES) candidate will be. It certainly won't be easy. Last time we saw LREM 45.92%, LR 22.83%, think the final list of NUPES candidates will be LFI 10.94%, PS 8.21%, FN 7.43%, EELV 2.16%, ...
I don't think the finalised list of NUPES candidates will be available until later today. There is a meeting going on right now. LFI members who were already deputies in seats they have been allocated though have commenced their campaigns and it may be that LFI candidates have been identified in seats allocated to LFI.

If the seat Peasant is talking about was allocated to the LFI in the agreements reached with the various member parties, then it may be that LFI has a candidate. PS members who are unhappy are probably those who don't support NUPES, but they can of course seek another non NUPES and non PS to run under and there are a number of sitting PS members who have already done so, although they expect to be expelled from the PS, which would seem reasonable given they clearly don't agree with the decision making processes of their own party.

I have no idea who will be my EELV NUPES candidate here, especially since EELV has little to no presence in my electorate and I don't recall them ever having a candidate here in a legislative or municipal election. But it is what it is and I accept that.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know yet who our EELV (NUPES) candidate will be. It certainly won't be easy. Last time we saw LREM 45.92%, LR 22.83%, LFI 10.94%, PS 8.21%, FN 7.43%, EELV 2.16%, ...
Things have totally changed in the last few years though and even more so in recent days. :) Don't despair and if you can, get involved in some way in the campaign (which is what I am doing despite the fact that I have health issues).

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So what? It is a current story.
So what? He is not actually the son in law, but he is the compagnon of the daughter. In any case, why would LFI nominate him as a candidate if they thought he couldn't win?

The PS has only 50 NUPES seats to contest. Howevr I believe Renaissance is desperately seeking left wing candidates and perhaps they have not already designated someone for that seat to run under their Ensemble banner. After all, Hollande is a Macron supporter and they have already shafted a sitting LREM member in favour of Valls.

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
2,169 Posts
Make them all have a chip butty and bacon sarnie eating contest......

Reactions: EuroTrash

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Rules and relevant dates for the election for those who may be interested.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts