Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i recently moved to Montpellier, France from the UK. Managed to find a job but would like to learn the language too. I work full time and i haven't been able to find an evening course for french, or anyone who could teach me french or just find a course which i could attend in the evenings.

Any suggestion would be really helpful, i dont know many people around here, but if anyone has any idea where should i look for, would be great.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Try contacting your local AVF. If the chapter by you is like ours, their language classes begin at 18h. They might not offer French as an option but they might offer an English group for French people which you might be able to workout something with a member (English for French). Good luck & best wishes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Couchsurfers has a pretty active Montpellier group with many offers and requests for language exchange. I met a local through Couchsurfers and we meet once or twice a week for coffee or a walk, and practice English and French for an hour or two.

Sorry I can't help with evening courses, I haven't been looking for any myself.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just as an addendum to my earlier reply, my local AVF chapter does offer French classes but they are during the day. Perhaps you can also inquire if they offer it at yours and at what hour so you can possibly work it around your work schedule. Warm regards.

·
Administrator
50,421 Posts
Just a quick note on the AVF classes. Not all AVFs offer language classes, though many AVF groups offer French "conversation groups" or other aides to those trying to learn French while living here. If your AVF only has the conversation groups, you may be able to ask within the conversation group if they have information about language classes or tutors in the area.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.