Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I have moved back from living in France and am trying to secure a mortgage in Ireland. All is fine on this end but we have been asked to provide a personal credit check from France. I'm really struggling to find a company to do it. Has anyone any experience of this? I've tried a few companies but they only do commercial credit checks and UK and Irish companies can't check French accounts, so I think it has to be a French company. Stressballs!

Any advice would really be appreciated as we're under time pressure to provide the report to the bank with a baby on the way!

Thanks all

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no idea but would probably start with the bank. If they could not help directly they may be able to advise a course to try.

·
Administrator
51,624 Posts
What passes in France for a credit check is three months' worth of back bank statements (relevés de compte) and possibly 3 months' back pay slips. The idea seems to be that you show your salary and that it is automatically deposited each month into your account.

You could try asking your French bank for a letter (though it's going to be in French), saying you were a model customer and didn't leave town owing any debts. But be prepared to pay for that. The banks seem to want about 15€ to write letters confirming the existence of personal accounts these days. Such a letter would include any loans you had from the bank (at least it would if you asked nicely). Otherwise, the banks are remarkably limited in what information they can and will release.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. They're looking for a third party credit check, like the type Experian and Equifax provide in Ireland and the UK. I'm not sure that letters from the bank would suffice. Although we are going to call them now as a start. Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have spoken to the Banque de France and there's no such thing as a credit check in France. It's not allowed. They can, however, provide a letter to confirm that we have not been blacklisted by anyone! Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.