Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently had 9500euros seized from my bank account by E Baldy Hussiers (Bailiffs), these companies are absolute parasites.

The seizure was due to my builder putting a small hole thro to next in the wall, the friendly neighbour took me to court after not being satisfied with my repair, was a 10euro fix, however he claimed 1800euros in total, but believe it was a faux facture, but couldnt contest it, did`nt know how to and i am a serving British Soldier not able to live in France , this started 3 years ago.

What can i do to contest this now the hussiers have the money? i have recieved no notification as in Afghanistan, Falklands and Brunei during this period.

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Try a notaire ( free for the first meeting, usually) if not then an advocat.

Good luck, it's never easy grappling with French administration when it's red in tooth and claw like this.

DejW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Notaire or avocat

Notaire or avocat is there a difference, in Brunei now, here for 3 years, but rtn to France in Jun for 2 weeks and need to get an action plan in place.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'll let others answer the question - I don't want to give you duff gen.

DejW

Notaire or avocat is there a difference, in Brunei now, here for 3 years, but rtn to France in Jun for 2 weeks and need to get an action plan in place.

Thanks for the response

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
As DejW said, I would start with the Notaire (equiv to our solicitors, I think), and he/she will either take it from there or pass you along if it's not in their remit.

You def. need someone who can play the system from the other side.

Maybe they can sue the builder who caused the damage.

I presume it must have been at court some time ago. How did the debt increase 5-fold?

Have they been adding on interest & charges?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Just recently had 9500euros seized from my bank account by E Baldy Hussiers (Bailiffs), these companies are absolute parasites.

The seizure was due to my builder putting a small hole thro to next in the wall, the friendly neighbour took me to court after not being satisfied with my repair, was a 10euro fix, however he claimed 1800euros in total, but believe it was a faux facture, but couldnt contest it, did`nt know how to and i am a serving British Soldier not able to live in France , this started 3 years ago.

What can i do to contest this now the hussiers have the money? i have recieved no notification as in Afghanistan, Falklands and Brunei during this period.

Thanking you in advance.
The huissiers do not act unless they have an order to do so. This affair has been to court, a judgement has been made, and the court ordered the huissiers to recover the amount deemed to be due.

It is possible to appeal against a judgement but there is only a limited time to do this (usually one month).

If you now wish to take the matter further, you should see a lawyer but it is difficult to imagine what can be done at this late stage.

It's a pity this wasn't settled amicably at the start, as the amount you have now had to pay includes the neighbour's legal expenses.

http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F1384.xhtml

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
However you can of course take legal action against your builder if you think he is responsible but again you need to see a lawyer, who can tell you how to proceed and whether you are likely to be successful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts