Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is anybody able to recommend an accountant based in Melbourne that would have an understanding of both the French and Australian Tax system.

Thank you

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello,

Is anybody able to recommend an accountant based in Melbourne that would have an understanding of both the French and Australian Tax system.

Thank you
If you really believe you need such assistance, you could try Siddalls - I'm pretty sure that they would have people based in Melbourne and as I understand it they have staff familiar with tax arrangements around the world. I suspect they may be expensive, but here is a link for you Financial Advice in France | Tax Advice in France | www.siddalls.net

·
Administrator
49,769 Posts
Since the French don't generally have to declare taxes if they're resident outside the country, the chances aren't that good of finding a French tax accountant in Melbourne. Maybe someone here on the forum will know of someone, but it's a bit of a long shot.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for your answers.

After much back and forth with my Australian accountant I think (fingers crossed) we have managed to solve the problem.

Great recommendation on the ATO website. I ended up reading about the french Tax treaty on the ATO website, that was great as it answered a lot of my questions.

Thank you again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts