Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum, been browsing for a long time but finally felt the need to make a post of my own :)

I have a bit of a wierd question and was hoping for some advice.

My wife and I wish to move to Australia, we currently live in the UK and have been looking at the areas north of Brisbane, particularly Cairns/Port Douglas.

Now the weird bit, my wife is an adult model on the internet, she does this through the biggest 'Cam Site' on the net, and earns money through people tipping her 'tokens', which are paid to her by the site into a Payoneer account bi-monthly. She declares all her income and pays normal UK taxes and is registered as self employed, as she would do in Australia.

She has a dedicated fan base resulting in a steady income and basically she can do this anywhere in the world, as long as she has an internet connection. Last year she earned around £60k. She has such a following that she can still make a decent living in a non 'adult' setting on streaming sites such as Twitch, if the 'adult' nature may be something that those issuing a visa may have a problem with (Could this be the case?).

I myself am currently 3/4 of the way through training to be a scuba diving instructor (its a bit colder doing this in the UK than on the Great barrier reef!) and so am hoping this will translate to employment opportunities in Australia (I have come across quite a few advertisements for instructor jobs where international applicants will be considered, obviously Australian citizens will be prioritised i presume).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the different visa routes we could take for visas, especially regarding my wifes essentially freelance role, as I have tried searching for how easy it is for people who work online such as Youtubers etc and therefore arent 'stealing' any jobs from an Australian citizen but are bringing in money into the Australian economy, but have not had much luck.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum, been browsing for a long time but finally felt the need to make a post of my own :)

My wife and I wish to move to Australia, we currently live in the UK and have been looking at the areas north of Brisbane, particularly Cairns/Port Douglas.

Now the weird bit, my wife is an adult model on the internet, she does this through the biggest 'Cam Site' on the net, and earns money through people tipping her 'tokens', which are paid to her by the site into a Payoneer account bi-monthly. She declares all her income and pays normal UK taxes and is registered as self employed, as she would do in Australia.

She has a dedicated fan base resulting in a steady income and basically she can do this anywhere in the world, as long as she has an internet connection. Last year she earned around £60k. She has such a following that she can still make a decent living in a non 'adult' setting on streaming sites such as Twitch, if the 'adult' nature may be something that those issuing a visa may have a problem with (Could this be the case?).

I myself am currently 3/4 of the way through training to be a scuba diving instructor (its a bit colder doing this in the UK than on the Great barrier reef!) and so am hoping this will translate to employment opportunities in Australia (I have come across quite a few advertisements for instructor jobs where international applicants will be considered, obviously Australian citizens will be prioritised i presume).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the different visa routes we could take for visas, especially regarding my wifes essentially freelance role, as I have tried searching for how easy it is for people who work online such as Youtubers etc and therefore arent 'stealing' any jobs from an Australian citizen but are bringing in money into the Australian economy, but have not had much luck.

Thanks for any help.
Depends on whether Adult industry or anything to do with adult content is legal or not in Australia...

I suggest you to talk to a registered Immigration Lawyer or MARA agent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The production of adult content is legal as far as I can make out, just needs certification if it is to be sold in stores, which doesn't apply in this case.

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts

Thanks for any help.
You will have to try and find a visa that would allow you to become permanent residents.

That means that you need skills and an occupation seen to be in demand in Australia, and these occupations are listed here: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work...sessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists

This list shows all of the skilled occupations available for migration purposes, so if you or your wife don't fit into a category there, then you would be unable to migrate to Australia.

You can also check what visas might be available here: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

While either you or you wife could be a primary applicant for a visa, that person will need to have an occupation on the list above.

·
Registered
23,837 Posts

Thanks for any help.
You might also have a chance if you are the principal applicant

Diving Instructor (Open Water) Immigration to Australia PR Visa

See if you meet the requirements

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts