Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully some real estate person can help me out.

Can anyone advise me to any building that is not experiencing service cutoffs/issues due to lack of payment by owners? Location is irrelevant.

Thanks

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any building that remains in the ownership of the developer (ie the developer simply leases the units, but does not sell them) would not have the service disruptions you mention.

Sama Tower on SZR is an example.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any building that remains in the ownership of the developer (ie the developer simply leases the units, but does not sell them) would not have the service disruptions you mention.

Sama Tower on SZR is an example.
I'm looking for ones where I can purchase them - not rent.

I know the Marina Quays haven't had too many problems. Are there other buildings? or is the whole freehold residential home ownership of apartments in such a mess that there isn't one single building that is affected?

-md000/Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd be nervous about concluding that just because a development has not experienced issues so far, that that will remain the case in the future.

By their nature villa developments are less blighted by service charge problems than apartments: it's easier to restrict services to a specific villa than to a specific apartment.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah yeah...I know what you are saying, but the likelihood of future problems is less due to an already established community that is willing/able to pay the service fees.

Yep - no villas. I'm looking for something to house my parents in retirement (potentially). The "easy button" is a must (well, relatively).

-md000/Mike

I'd be nervous about concluding that just because a development has not experienced issues so far, that that will remain the case in the future.

By their nature villa developments are less blighted by service charge problems than apartments: it's easier to restrict services to a specific villa than to a specific apartment.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I have Damac apts (Lake Terrace-JLT) no problems and the OA is well organised. Access was restricted to owners who did not pay which sorted out the non-payers.
Marina Diamonds (Diamond Developers) are having problems with owners not paying their service fees but no services have been disconnected.
That is my personal experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.