Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All :)

I am moving to France for 2 months and I want to be enrolled in a french course to improve my french ( It is already not bad )

Do you have any idea about free or low -cost place where I can find this course ?

Thanks,
Hisham

·
Administrator
51,337 Posts
Not sure you'll be able to find a free course if you're only here on a "visit."

The other key thing will be when you'll be coming. If it's for July and August, your only options are likely to be the "tourist" language schools, as most of the associations that run low cost classes will be in recess for the summer holidays.

But maybe someone lurking knows of something in Paris or the Paris area.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd suggest a private tutor. You could probably work out a good deal for a two month period of a couple of hours four times a week for example. Add to that your own study, join some Meet Up groups that only speak French, and go to local pubs etc and practice with people there in the mood for a chat etc. It would probably be cheaper, more realistic, and far more useful to enjoying Paris than stuck in some draughty building talking with non natives practicing French too!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello All :)

I am moving to France for 2 months and I want to be enrolled in a french course to improve my french ( It is already not bad )

Do you have any idea about free or low -cost place where I can find this course ?

Thanks,
Hisham
Hey! There is EFI in Hôtel de Ville or you can find people who want to exchange your English for their French. You can also go to international gatherings and ask someone to help you work on your french. There are a lot of opportunities to better your French instead of being stuck in a stuffy classroom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts