Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am dating a Filipina who lives in Paris and works as a nanny, I am British and live in UK,

We plan to get married, but first we have the issue of her not having a visa/work permit,

She is being declared and her tax and social security is being paid by her employer ,

She is telling me she needs to wait for 2 years of declaration (March 2018) before she can apply for her visa/work permit but I would like to expedite this,

Does anyone know of any agencies that can advise on her situation, for a fee of course?

Has anyone here been through the same experience?

Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Neil

·
Administrator
50,421 Posts
She is being declared and her tax and social security is being paid by her employer ,
I don't understand what this means. If she is being declared by her employer, then she must have a sécu number somehow.

She is telling me she needs to wait for 2 years of declaration (March 2018) before she can apply for her visa/work permit but I would like to expedite this,
Again, I'm not sure what she is telling you. SHE cannot apply for a visa/work permit. For a work permit, it's her employer who must obtain a work authorization and then she will have to apply from a consulate in a country where she has residence. You cannot get a visa from within France.

Perhaps she has misunderstood something her employers have told her.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts