Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum!

I just started dating a Parisian woman via long distance from the US and was wondering how it was for some of you to leave Paris behind.

-Is it common for young (late 20's) French women to be open to leaving their country and settling in the states? or is it usually the other way around?

-What are some things I should be concerned about dating a french woman in hopes of her moving to the states?

I'm trying to answer some questions for myself now before I start thinking about marriage. I know I'm thinking too early but I just want to have realistic expectations.

Please share your stories and advice.

Thanks,
dzou

·
Administrator
49,164 Posts
As one who has gone the other direction (US to France), I can tell you that it really really depends on all the circumstances of each person's situation.

Things to consider include family ties (often much stronger in France than in the US), professional considerations (quite a few professions don't transfer well between countries, especially between the US and EU countries), language capabilities (on both sides - moving to a foreign country without having a reasonable command of the language can be a very isolating experience) and even to some extent, the political orientation of the individuals.

But what seems possible or not possible early in the relationship could change with time. Best not to overthink things.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
How willing would you be to move to France and launch your career and life there?
For some, it's a no brainer (to move), and for others, it's also a no brainer (no way!). ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts