Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am from Pakistan and few days back I applied for long term french visa for private studies. After 35 days of wait, i finally received my passport with a refusal letter mentioning the reason of refusal which was quite shocking to me. the reason of refusal was:
"You pose a threat to public order/public health/public security"

I have no idea how they judged me, i felt very disgraced with this reason without any proof and investigation how can they say all this about me.

I have already taken a new appointment, but many seniors are telling me that its useless to re-apply. But I want to take the chance.
The things I want to ask is that:
is it wise to re-apply or not? If yes, what could be the possible documentation i can attach with new application that can clear their doubts? Should I attach my previous refusal letter with new application?

Please help on urgent basis

thanks in advance

·
Administrator
50,421 Posts
Oddly enough, being a threat to national security is about the only excuse for refusing a spouse visa. But you say you were seeking a visa for "private studies." Could be the nature of the private studies, or they may have had some issues with the various travel stamps in your passport. Pretty much impossible to tell - and at that, they don't always tell you the "real" reason for refusing to issue a visa.

It's up to you whether or not you want to risk wasting another visa fee only to be turned down again. And take a long, hard, cold look at what information you have submitted to see if you can determine just what may have led them to consider you a security risk so you can offer something to countermand the decision. But, the consular officials do have a certain level of "discretion" - and it's possible that something in your dossier just set off alarm bells somehow.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response..

So what you are trying to say is that its very hard to actually get the visa stamped even if i re-apply.

My intended course in France is M2 masters program in electronics systems engineering.. Bt private studies means its type of visa "private studies(long stay)"

I dont have any stamps on my passport. I have had a thorough look at the documentation I submitted, and there no extra documents as per their checklist. Only IELTS and Travel insurance and experience cert were the extra documents.

wait, my experience certificate was from a university from Saudi Arabia. I was based in pakistan through out my job period and all the correspondence used to be done via skype and emails. That may be reason, not sure..

I discussed this issue with a professor at my intended university in France and he gave me a letter to present at embassy. Its kind of recommendation and re-examination of my file. Is it wise to attach that letter while re-applying..
I have made police clearence certificate from my regional police station and character certificate from my previous university, and polio vaccination certificate. Would it be OK to attach these documents, and are these documents along with a letter from professor enough to make me clear as per your experience?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright.. Thanks for your time.. One more thing if u can answer:

Is it wise to attach a previous refusal letter while re-applying? I mean, I am pretty sure that embassy officials are well aware that this particular person is re-applying, so i was thinking to attach previous reusal letter along with my comments.

Does previous refusal reason effects new application?

If you can please help with this, would be great.

Thanks

·
Administrator
50,421 Posts
France isn't nearly as bad about "prior refusals" as some countries can be. I don't think I'd include the refusal letter in your next submission (trust me, they know about it anyhow - or can find out easily enough if the question isn't asked on the visa application form). But the reference from the professor in Saudi couldn't hurt.

Do you submit your dossier in person at the consulate or is it all done by Post? Because if you go in to the consulate, chances are they will check through your stuff and let you know if there is anything they don't want you to include.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the detail..So its not good to include previous refusal letter..right?

The reference letter i was talking about is not from saudi professor but it is from french professor of my intended university in which he requested consular authority to re-examine my case..Don't you think a reference from french professor(written in french ans is on university letterhead with official stamps) would have some impact ?

and yes I will be going in person to the consulate, but as per my last experience they do not check the documents file to be submitted..they just take the documents(without even bothering to have a look at them), do the biometrics, take the visa fee and thats it.. This is why I was confused about the document submission..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
malik, I would make sure that the letter from the professeur is on some kind of official letterhead from the school. So it has the official stamp and logo/header of the school. And includes his contact information, maybe even a signature. Otherwise they could think you just made it up. But yes, I would definitely think a letter from him would help! Help them know that you're serious about school. I don't know if it will work, but I do think it would help and that you should include it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts