Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not stepping on anyone's toes I hope :) This forum is wonderful!
It is shaped as an immi forum with wonderful dedicated mods.

But I hunger for more discussions and chatter on day-to-day living Down Under, e.g. OZ intraoffice work and politics, broadband billing issues, NBN, universities, gaming rigs, top 3D games, jobs and bosses they hate, career, joblessness, job-hunting, etc.
All of which can help in blending in in a strange new land, I think.

Just to share, I'm now on Whirlpool.net.au.
Does anyone have any other OZ hyperactive forums to share?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I liked news.com.au. Not all news is allowed for discussion/commenting, but more than 10 news articles are discussed every day. The discussions give real picture of what Aussies think on current issues.

It's just one of them. I liked few Stock and ETF Investment message boards among others. Facebook has been No #1 discussion platform used by Aussies, followed by MySpace. And there are few business networking sites like LinkedIn, LinkMe and 4-6 others.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi RL:

Check out The Expat Forum Lounge - Expat Forum For Expats, For Moving Overseas And For Jobs Abroad

The main forums are for focussed discussion about migration. You can start a thread but it can't be too general, more specific things get better responses.

For example:
What's the best place to live in AU? does not as good a response as Which is better to live in "North Sydney or Toorak VIC"?

Not stepping on anyone's toes I hope :) This forum is wonderful!
It is shaped as an immi forum with wonderful dedicated mods.

But I hunger for more discussions and chatter on day-to-day living Down Under, e.g. OZ intraoffice work and politics, broadband billing issues, NBN, universities, gaming rigs, top 3D games, jobs and bosses they hate, career, joblessness, job-hunting, etc.
All of which can help in blending in in a strange new land, I think.

Just to share, I'm now on Whirlpool.net.au.
Does anyone have any other OZ hyperactive forums to share?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts