Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a small office space in Fortune bay which was going to be built in Business Bay by Fortune Group. The project was going to be ready in 2009. Fortune bay website: "Only Shoring and Piling works have been done." The project is now on hold according to RERA website.

I have written on numerous occasions bu emails and have visited them personally. The contact person Mr. Athar at Fortune Bay gives positive information and suggestions but it is all talk.

Past 2-3 years I just got false promised/hopes. They don't put anything in writing.

Does anyone know anything about the Project or the Developers?

Or has anyone been compensated back their monies?

or anything?

Any information would be greatly appreciated or also on how to tackle this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that Fortune has closed its office at Fortune Towers as well. You should consult a lawyer immediately.
@ LongLiveDubai... Oh no, thats not good news... I hear Lawyers are quite expensive in Dubai, any one got any suggestions on a property lawyer?

·
Banned
423 Posts
Take it up with RERA, forget using a lawyer they'll rip you off.

Look at how much you've lost and whether you can realistically get any of it back, is it worth throwing good money after bad by employing a Lawyer? I wouldn't, but I would put a claim in via RERA, if that entails a visit here by you to do it, it'll still be cheaper and more worthwhile than getting a money grabbing lawyer.

Putting in a claim via RERA is free - if I recall - just make sure you have every single scrap of paper that you ever, EVER got!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.