Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fiance was asking me about what name to use on the forms/letters. We are getting married soon, and he's trying to get his part of the paperwork together. He is writing his letter of invitation and having his mum write a letter inviting me to stay, since she is also on their mortgage. So I guess he wants to know if he uses my current/maiden name or married name? if he uses married name, should he post date it to after the wedding?

Also, do the bank statements have to be certified? My stuff is all online for banking and so are my pay stubs. All the payroll is done online at my job. Will just those printouts make a difference or do they need to be certified by my employer somehow?

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
lnxjenn said:
My Fiance was asking me about what name to use on the forms/letters. We are getting married soon, and he's trying to get his part of the paperwork together. He is writing his letter of invitation and having his mum write a letter inviting me to stay, since she is also on their mortgage. So I guess he wants to know if he uses my current/maiden name or married name? if he uses married name, should he post date it to after the wedding?
Use your maiden name. Never post-date a letter.

Also, do the bank statements have to be certified? My stuff is all online for banking and so are my pay stubs. All the payroll is done online at my job. Will just those printouts make a difference or do they need to be certified by my employer somehow?
All online statement must either be accompanied by a letter on bank's stationery certifying to be true or each page must be stamped by bank branch as authentic. Same with pay stubs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another question, partially regarding forms: I was rewatching Pepper's video and she mentioned a letter that I write stating my plans? I just want to make sure that's on my list of things I need, as I dont' think i put that on my list. I know I need a letter of invitation from my sponsor/spouse.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Another thought occurred to me while rewatching Pepper's video: Does his passport need to be in it too? I think he read a certified copy of his picture page was acceptable, but I wanted to verify with others experiences. He will need his to get back home, as he is only here for a couple weeks for vacation/wedding. I don't think he's that comfortable sending off his passport with the paperwork when he does actually need it.

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
lnxjenn said:
Another thought occurred to me while rewatching Pepper's video: Does his passport need to be in it too? I think he read a certified copy of his picture page was acceptable, but I wanted to verify with others experiences. He will need his to get back home, as he is only here for a couple weeks for vacation/wedding. I don't think he's that comfortable sending off his passport with the paperwork when he does actually need it.
Both of you should enclose a letter outlying your relationship from start to the present and hope for the future - to settle permanently in UK. No longer than two sides of A4.
British sponsor's passport only needs to be black-and-white photocopy of bio pages - no need to be certified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.