Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Quick question as I'm confused!

My fiance is in the UK on the fiance visa. We are now married and need to switch to the spouse visa.

When I use the "Help me find the service I need" on the UKBA website - it gives me the option of form SET (M). I don't think this is right as the criteria for this mentions that my hubby has already been given permisson to remain for 2 years.

I think I need form FLR (M) which gives my hubby a spouse visa with 2 years to remain and then we would have to apply for SET (M).

Can anyone confirm this for me?

We have spent the last 4 weeks since the wedding getting our paperwork together and are now ready to fill the form out and apply! However, I'm entering the world of Visa Confusion again and it's not a place I really want to be again! He he!

Thanks everyone. :focus:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I do believe you need the FLR(M) when the original visa was the six month spouse visa, and lol, navigating the maze isn't easy-this is the page you need if you haven't found it yet:

UK Border Agency | Applying from inside the UK

Even though the url says 'spouse', the link takes you directly to the FLR(M) page. Everything you need is there, including Guidance notes you will find very helpful.

Congrats to the groom, and best wishes to the bride for a long and happy life together:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brill - thank you very much!

I had found all this info but just in separate places! Ha ha!

Thanks for your help and good wishes.

xx

·
Registered
1 Posts
FLR(m) or Set(m) after changes on 9th july 2012

I have switched from Tier 1 (valid until August 16 2012 ) to ILR on Nov2011 while my wife is still on Tier1 Dependent (valid until August 16 2012). She has done entry clearance on Nov 2009 and she has been staying in UK since last 2.5 years with tier 1 dependent. Now I would like to apply Visa for my wife
Now I have following query to clarify:

1. Under new rule(imposed on 9th July 2012) can she switch from tier 1 dependent to ILR? Or do she needs to get FLR first then switch to ILR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.