Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

CO asked my wife to sign form 815 for visa subclass 189.

But if our visa is granted, We plan to make our first landing for just a week in Melbourne and then return and then go there for good after two years as I have job related commitments.

Will it be a problem? Can we do all the formalities within one week then if more needed do the rest after two years? Does the HUS let make such arrangements?

Can anyone share their knowledge in this regard please?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello All,

But if our visa is granted, We plan to make our first landing for just a week in Melbourne and then return and then go there for good after two years as I have job related commitments.

Will it be a problem? Can we do all the formalities within one week then if more needed do the rest after two years? Does the HUS let make such arrangements?

Thanks in Advance
You can validate the visa by just crossing the customs and then then take the return flight back as soon as you want within the same day if you like and you are fine.Just make sure everyone enters within the 5 years (before visa expiry date) before everyone's visa runs out.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If you are planning to return after TWO years, then my suggestion would be DONT do any formalities like Medicare, Account opening or Centerlink as these are good to do once you make permanent move. Just finish off your one week trip as a holiday.

Keep VIC posted about your plans in advance and since you have signed 815, its mandatory go for further checkup once you land in Aus. Its better to clarify this part during your validation trip.

All the best.

Hello All,

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I am bit worried about this lines by CO:

By signing this form you agree to contact the Health Undertaking Service (HUS)
which is managed by Bupa Medical Visa Services on behalf of the Department of
Immigration and Border Protection, on 1*** *** **9 during business hours or by email at
e******@bupamvs.com.au within four weeks of your arrival in Australia or as directed by
your case officer, if you are granted the visa. It also means that where directed, you agree to
attend any required follow-up medical assessment.

Must I report to HUS during our 1 week trip?
If we don`t contact HUS/BUPA during this 1week trip, still will our visa get validated?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
inform bupa about your travel plans and inability to join immediately due to personal/professional ties back home, tell them you will start the medical assessment once you have moved permanently

you can do this before/after the validation trip, whichever suits you

Reactions: faysalatil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance

Hi dear applicant,
Just want to know after singing form 815 how long it takes to grant because I had signed the same last Friday.
Plz let me know
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone or anyone know someone who has tb history, and got direct grant (without submitting form 815) ? or is it good front load form 815?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts