Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please guide me on the following query?

My wife is homemaker from last 6 years and worked for some 1 year or so before that. I did not show her employment details in DIAC application (because I don't have any documents etc.) and I am not claiming her points . In form 80 what should I write if she is a home maker ?

Is this going to be an issue?

Replies are much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can someone please guide me on the following query?

My wife is homemaker from last 6 years and worked for some 1 year or so before that. I did not show her employment details in DIAC application (because I don't have any documents etc.) and I am not claiming her points . In form 80 what should I write if she is a home maker ?

Is this going to be an issue?

Replies are much appreciated.

Thanks
AFAIK
Form 80 is just for security - they want to make sure that you were not doing anything weird (criminal-like). You have to include her employment and periods when she was staying at home exactly how it was from when she left school. You have to say how she occupied her time (taking care of the family, home-maker or something similar) and that you/someone else supported her. Remember not to leave any time gaps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK
Form 80 is just for security - they want to make sure that you were not doing anything weird (criminal-like). You have to include her employment and periods when she was staying at home exactly how it was from when she left school. You have to say how she occupied her time (taking care of the family, home-maker or something similar) and that you/someone else supported her. Remember not to leave any time gaps.
I don't have any evidence to support her job. She does not have any joining/releaving letter and I cannot produce any evidence. So can I show her home maker ? She is currenly home maker from last 6 years.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You do not need evidence. Justyna PIT the approximate time, the company, its address and that's enough. It's just for security really, no need for evidence, documents confirming it or anything else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
it is up to you ... form 80 is for character assessment

G

·
No, homemaker, mother and carer are perfectly normal and expected answers for some people and DIAC wont bat an eyelid when they see that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts