Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Muhammad. Guys any idea about form 1221. Me and my wife lodged our case yesterday and after paying the DIBP we were directed to attach our documents. We uploaded all the documents for my wife (the main applicant) and for me the spouse. With my list of documents that were required to upload a form 1221 came across that was required to be print and filled, scanned and uploaded. The form asked some basic personal, educational and historical details for the applicant and the dependent applicant. This form was only coming under my section and not my wife. Do I fill in my details and my wife as the relationship/dependent or will it be the otherway round. Can someone please give an insight over it?

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hello everyone. My name is Muhammad. Guys any idea about form 1221. Me and my wife lodged our case yesterday and after paying the DIBP we were directed to attach our documents. We uploaded all the documents for my wife (the main applicant) and for me the spouse. With my list of documents that were required to upload a form 1221 came across that was required to be print and filled, scanned and uploaded. The form asked some basic personal, educational and historical details for the applicant and the dependent applicant. This form was only coming under my section and not my wife. Do I fill in my details and my wife as the relationship/dependent or will it be the otherway round. Can someone please give an insight over it?

Regards

Muhammad.
Hi mate,

dont worry show your wife as a dependent and then at the last under additional info just quote that your wife is the main applicant under this lodgement. Also it is understood by the CO that if husband and wife are in continuing relationship then they both are the dependents to each other, irrespective of whosoever is earning.

All the best!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

dont worry show your wife as a dependent and then at the last under additional info just quote that your wife is the main applicant under this lodgement. Also it is understood by the CO that if husband and wife are in continuing relationship then they both are the dependents to each other, irrespective of whosoever is earning.

All the best!!
Hello Sameer,

Thank you so much for your response. Further to your response, I'd like to ask that this form is coming under my section only so am I the only one who needs to fill this form or do my wife needs to fill it as well. On the form it says all applicants 18 or above needs to fill it whereas the form is coming under my section only. Also if my wife fills it, will she fill the details of her as main application and then put dependent as of me and so will I when I'd be doing the same. Is this correct? We both will comment in the additional details sections too.

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I don't often see requests for form 1221 as form 80 is more commonly requested these days. I'd suggest both you and your wife complete the form and upload them. That way there won't be a delay if they later ask her for it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Maggie for your response :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Sameer,

Thank you so much for your response. Further to your response, I'd like to ask that this form is coming under my section only so am I the only one who needs to fill this form or do my wife needs to fill it as well. On the form it says all applicants 18 or above needs to fill it whereas the form is coming under my section only. Also if my wife fills it, will she fill the details of her as main application and then put dependent as of me and so will I when I'd be doing the same. Is this correct? We both will comment in the additional details sections too.

Regards

Muhammad.
FORM 80 is ideally required for Primary Applicant and Dependents

AND

FORM 1221 is ideally required for Dependents over 18 years OLD

Reactions: r_saraj

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is form 80? Neither my wife or me were asked for it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello

In the forums i have been reading that all the previous countries visited - have been asked. I have received 1221 and need to fill it out too, But I dont see any questions where details of the countries visited in the last X years has been asked ?

Am I missing something ?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hello

In the forums i have been reading that all the previous countries visited - have been asked. I have received 1221 and need to fill it out too, But I dont see any questions where details of the countries visited in the last X years has been asked ?

Am I missing something ?
No, you aren't missing anything. Form 1221 doesn't ask about your travel history, Form 80 (if requested or if you choose to complete and submit it) asks this though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No, you aren't missing anything. Form 1221 doesn't ask about your travel history, Form 80 (if requested or if you choose to complete and submit it) asks this though.
Thank you Maggie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts