Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had asked a few questions about form 1022 in the past and how to inform a change in circumstances for a pregnancy.
My agent had sent the form along with supporting documents to DIAC on 16-12-09 by email.
Does DIAC normally give some response on receipt of documents like 1022?
How much time do they take to give a reply?

For a paper based application, is it allowed to send documents by email to the CO?

Cheers,
Maverick

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Maverick

I doubt they would reply if you send them additional documents or in your case form 1022. You can send a PLE and see what they have to say. You did not get a CO, did you?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Anj

I did get a CO. What happened is that I got a request for medicals and PCC in December. Since my wife is pregnant we decided to defer the case until after the baby is born since we can't take an X-Ray and all. So submitted a 1022 describing the change in circumstances and requesting a deferment. The last date given for submission of PCC and medicals were 20th Jan 2010. As the date gets nearer with no information on deferment, we are getting a little nervous thinking that the CO should not come back and say that we didn't get anything from you until the 20th and we are rejecting your case....

Maverick

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Yes I do remember, do you have your CO's email id? why not write to him/her? or call.. raise a PLE with your CO's name and other details..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have all the details since my agent forwarded me the email from them directly when the CO requested for the medicals and PCC.
Unfortunately, since I have an agent only they can communicate with the CO right or is it allowed for me to communicate with the CO?
I have been sending queries to the agent but they haven't responded yet.
What else can I do? :(

Cheers,
Maverick

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
What does your agent say? I am sure you have nothing to worry about.
Yes only the agent can communicate with them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I mentioned, they are not responding to my emails.
If I have no response from them by tomorrow will talk to them... :mad:
Thank you for your support :)

Cheers,
Maverick

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

Just an update.
My case has been deferred until end of June.
I guess I will ask for a deferment for another month or so after June so that we have enough time to get the baby's passport.

Cheers,
Maverick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts